Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Decisions & Actions

“It is our choices … that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities”.
~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets, 1999

Today I figured I would examine some more famous quote that strikes a chord with me again, and see how it applies to my life. I wanted to stray away from the Mob Wars, Vampire Wars and the Pirate escapades for a moment on Facebook Land and take a closer look at myself and on a deeper level. I realize its time to be more critical and more serious and quit looking for escapism all the time and actually deal with the things I myself need to deal with. I can't depend on Thomas to fix everything, because Gods know that if I wait it won't get done! When I read Gaelyn's Blog a few days ago you can say that I was in a bit of shock of how refreshingly honest he was with himself. It made me realize one should be honest with oneself often and and its time to 'decide' to take more responsibility for one's life and and hold oneself more accountable for the choices they make and the actions or inactions we take. Instead of complaining about my personal problems and the situations I often find myself in I need to 'do' something about it, and its not enough to just say I will … but do...! Also, once I do make the decisions to make things better more myself, that I stick to my decision and take action. I think part of my own personal problem is that it can be easy to make all kinds of decisions but to follow through or develop the 'stick-to-it-idess' is an other issue all together. I need to get off of my lazy fanny and do it. The house wont' get clean and my stuff get organized, Hades my life will not get better if I make the decision to do nothing! That would be and is a terrible decision. I guess I need to take heed of the dream I had a few weeks ago and quit being a mere spectator in my life!


“We have to many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them”.
Abigail Adams (1744-1818) letter to John Adams, 1774


It's fine to say you will do something but to say it an not follow through with what we had said we will do ... is a lie! We end up lying to ourselves when we make up an excuse for not getting it done, sure there are some things that need to be put off fore more pending situations but why say we are going to do it when we don't? Why do we do it? Its 'denial' and even though we may intend to follow through, and I am speaking for myself here when I say this, is I tend to make up all kinds of excuses for myself ... saying tomorrow is another day and then tomorrow comes and I find more excuses and say again, tomorrow, and then tomorrow ... but what if tomorrow doesn't come? What then? Think of the time I have wasted making these empty promises to myself and I still see a pile of things that need my immediate attention before me and I keep putting it off! This is where I need to take a good hard look at myself and say I can no longer sit idley by and do nothing while telling myself more lies. Its time that my actions match my words! Its time to do what I say I will do!

Bia' Aletheia

Word Count = 550 – quotes not included

No comments:

Post a Comment