Monday, May 11, 2009

In Appreciation of Moms



Mother's Love
Her love is like an island
In life's ocean, vast and wide
A peaceful, quiet shelter
From the wind, the rain, the tide.
'Tis bound on the North by Hope,
By Patience on the West,
By tender Counsel on the South
And on the East by Rest.
Above it like a beacon light
Shine Faith, and Truth, and Prayer;
And through the changing scenes of life
I find a haven there.

- Author Unknown

dedicate this poem to all the mothers out there!Yesterday was mother's day so I got to thinking my first blog for this contest should be dedicated to them! I wanted to share with you all what a mother truly means to me and how important you all are to the children of this world! Some of the best memories I have of my mother are in the little things she did for me and as I look back now, I realize I really do appreciate those things, and as an adult often miss those things too! It was in those acts she has done for me that has taught me patience, love, understanding, kindness and the value of perseverance! It was in those acts I learned that 'Mothers' are beautiful warriors of strength, encouragement and are great teachers who prepare us for those things yet to come! Not only do they teach us about life but they also provide for our emotional, physical and spiritual well-being through their nurturing ways. Sometimes they have to teach us the tough things in life: things such as loss, grief, hard work and the most important and noblest thing ... 'sacrifice'! How much has a mother given up for the sake of their child? I can bet all the mothers out their know exactly what I am talking about. Even stranger though, most mothers do not mind, and this is not a character flaw but to me speaks volumes about moms in general! There are never any strings attached to what they do and this is to me the most remarkable thing about a mom! What they do is unconditional! Much of what a mom does resonates through us for the rest of our lives. This is how important you are! I personally want to thank my mom and all the mothers out there for being there for me and the other children out there! You are so crucial and sometimes you feel so under appreciated but know that when your children grow up they will realize just how important you are! No one can ever put a price tag out there on a mother. You are invaluable and a true Goddess Divine! I know that some of you may have not had the same opportunity as I did nor have been fortunate to have some of the same experiences with your mothers as I did, but know that being a mom yourself is also a precious gift, and being a mother is a precious gift to your children. Through your experiences whether good or bad you have learned what it is you want for your children. Mothers generally want the best for their kids, better then they had it, and it is as it should be! You are responsible for instilling values and molding our future though the lessons you teach your children...and that makes you all pretty important in my eyes! Happy belated Mothers Day to you ALL!

Blessed Be ~ Bia' Aletheia

word count - 505 (does not include the poem since its a quote)

No comments:

Post a Comment